Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Canada?
Unlike the USA, online sports betting in Canada is legal in all provinces and territories. Its perfectly legal to transfer funds to and from sportsbooks around the world using a Canadian credit card, electronic cheque, bank transfer, or one of the many other sportsbook deposit options available to Candian customers. The best part about being a Canadian is all online winnings are tax-free.
If you have any other questions with regards to online sports betting and gambling in Canada, feel free to check out our online betting FAQ.
How do I Deposit to a Sportsbook from Canada?
Canadians can fund their online sports betting accounts similar to making any purchase online. You can deposit using a Canadian Visa or Mastercard. Or you can send an instant electronic money transfer directly through the site or through services such as Instadebit or IDebit which are secure and designed for Canadian sportsbook deposits.
They work just like an email money transfer. Check out our deposits options to learn more about all the different ways you can fund your betting account. Below are the best ways to deposit money to an online sportsbook from Canada.
- Instadebit – Transfer Funds to and From your Bank Account
- IDebit – Instant Deposits from Canadian Bank Accounts
- PaySafeCard – Buy Tickets at Canada Post Outlets using Cash
Popular Canadian Sports Betting Promotions
- Bet365 Canada Parlay Bonus – Parlay wagers are some of the most popular bets Canadians like to make. Bet365 offers a special year-round cash bonus on winning parlays of 2 games or more on CFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA, MLB and other markets.
- Sportingbet 3x MMA UFC Parlay Insurance – Similar to the baseball promotion above Sportingbet will credit any losing UFC parlay bets of one fight up to $50. Promotion Review
- Bet365 Bet Cash Out – This is a very popular promotion that lets customers cash out bets live during events. You can cash out part or the whole bet if you don’t want to wait until the end of the game to take your profit out.
Sports betting sites
There’s a vast selection of sports betting sites to choose from today, but many bettors remain loyal to the same betting site where they had their first online bet, seemingly unaware that they could be effectively throwing money away by neglecting the alternatives.
- With such competition among betting sites for your custom, it’s worth checking which ones are most suitable for your individual needs. There are a number of factors to take into account when choosing which sports betting sites to sign-up for a new betting account with.
- Many bettors will focus almost exclusively on a single sport when it comes to betting, so whether it be NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, UFC, Horse Racing, Soccer or whatever, it makes sense to choose a betting site that caters for your individual needs.
- It might be stating the obvious to many readers, but not all sports betting sites are the same and one that offers a great selection of markets and competitive odds on NHL might not be such a good option if Horse Racing is your sport of choice.
When choosing betting sites, the betting odds offered by the brand are a major consideration, as these can have a major bearing on your winnings over the long-term. Also look out for a Free Bet or Welcome Bonus when joining, as this effectively represents free money to bet with.
Best sports betting sites Canada
There’s a vast selection of sports betting sites available in Canada, but unfortunately, that doesn’t mean that they are all good.
Seeking out the best odds will always be a priority for serious bettors when deciding which sports betting sites they use, but what you ideally want is a great overall package that includes Free Bets, excellent customer service, extensive depth of sports and markets covered, a wide selection of banking options, etc.
Two of the very best sports betting sites are those of bet365 and William Hill, both of whom are renowned throughout the world and have decades of experience (almost a century in William Hill’s case!), so are as reliable as they come. When it comes to the depth of available sports and markets offered to bet on, there can be few rivals to bet365.
For example, bet365 go well beyond the Money Line, Point Spread, Total Points and First Touchdown Scorer in the NFL. They also cover markets such as the Highest Scoring Quarter, Multi Touchdown Scorers, Player Total Receiving Yards, Player Total Rush Yards, Player Total Kicking Points, Team to lead after every Quarter and much more besides.
In addition to these two giants of the online sports betting industry, 888sport and Montreal-based Sports Interaction are other sports betting sites that are well worth having accounted for the overall quality of their service.
Top sports betting sites
The popularity and reliability of any given sports betting site over a number of years is probably the best indication as to how reputable an individual brand is.
- William Hill has decades of experience and was a High Street presence in the UK decades before going online. William Hill bookmakers remain a familiar sight in just about every town in the UK but, after initially providing a fairly standard online service, they’ve raised their game considerably over the past seven or eight years and now provide one of the most comprehensive betting services in the industry.
- 888sport – Compared to some of the other betting sites we recommend, 888sport is a relative newcomer. Even so, they have still had an online presence for over a decade. As with William Hill, 888sport has really improved in terms of the competitiveness of their odds and the depth of markets they cover and are now very definitely among the industry-leading betting sites for Canadians.
- Sports Interaction is another top-quality betting site and the most renowned within Canada, covering a wide range of sports and markets and providing a site that’s often highly praised for its layout and ease of navigation.
Best betting prediction sites
Whatever your chosen sport, there will be numerous betting prediction sites vying for your attention, many which will claim spectacular success with their tipping service.
The reality is that many of these sites, some of which you will be asked to pay for, will make claims that are often misleading or downright lies in terms of how successful they are in finding winners. It’s therefore imperative to ensure that any betting prediction sites you follow are able to justify any such claims they make with verified records.
It’s generally better to regard betting prediction sites as another tool in your personal betting, rather than relying on them to pick your winners. A prediction site can provide a useful insight or stat that you were either unaware of or may have missed, which can help with your own betting research. Not all betting tips will be winners but provided any predictions come with detailed and reasoned explanations using relevant statistics and data, then the site is probably genuine and might provide you with some useful insight.
Any prediction site claiming continuous success with parlays featuring multiple legs is almost certainly worth avoiding, as such claims are highly unlikely to be true or have any independently verifiable evidence of their claims.
The best betting prediction sites will go beyond simply providing their followers with betting tips and also include additional information around the current best Free Bets, Welcome Bonuses and Enhanced Odds available in the market, comprehensive betting site reviews and various other insights as to the latest goings on in the betting industry.
Best sports betting app
Just about every major sports betting site in the industry will now provide sports betting apps for their customers, with many bettors wanting to be able to access sites, make bets and follow the live action or scores whilst out and about. The good news is that many brands now offer near identical services from their mobile apps as you would get from a desktop, including live streaming, bonuses, etc.
The best sports betting sites are also constantly raising their game in upgrading these apps to both satisfy customer demand and to ensure that they themselves don’t lose their share of the market to rivals. It always pays to read app reviews from independent third-party sites prior to making any choices.
One of the best sports betting apps currently available is unquestionably that provided by bet365, which has features such as Touch ID (enabling you to log into the bet365 App quickly and securely using your fingerprint), rapid access to a comprehensive range of in-play markets, the ability to watch thousands of live sport events on your mobile and tablet every year, a user-friendly layout, a one-wallet system enabling access to all of bet365’s products from the same account and a variety of banking options from your mobile device.