Advertiser Disclosure

We want to bring you the best content and the best offers. Just so you know, we may collect compensation from the links on this page and some of our reviewers are compensated for contributing content to this website.

2017 Stanley Cup Picks, Predictions, and Betting Trends

With the 2017 Stanley Cup Finals just about to get underway, the NHL pick and prediction experts have made their selections for the hockey year's biggest event. You will see some of those picks and predictions in the sections below as well as information about the current betting trends. The Pittsburgh Penguins are currently the odds on betting favourites to win the 2017 Stanley Cup Finals, but there are still a lot of people wagering that the Predators will bring home their very first championship.

stanley-cup-nhl-playoffs-game

ESPN Sports Picks – There are six experts on ESPN’s NHL hockey panel and they are split right down the middle on this series with three of them picking the Penguins to win and three of them picking the Predators. So far the experts going with the Penguins are Buccigross, Cohn, and Grant. Kavanagh, Levy, and Virk has chosen to go with the underdog Predators.

NBC Sports Pro Hockey Talk – There are also six experts at NBC Sports’ Pro Hockey Talk that have made their own predictions for this year’s Stanley Cup Final, but none of them are going with the underdog. All six of them have picked the Penguins and the only difference among their picks is how many games they feel it will take Pittsburgh to get the job done. Halford is calling for the Penguins to win it in seven games while Brough, O’Brien, Tucker, Alfieri, and Gretz believe that it will take them only six.

Jon Price – Jon Price, who writes a website for sports traders, has made his own prediction for this series and he’s calling the Predators to win this one in six games. He feels that the Penguins have been lucky to get this far in the playoffs with their damaged roster and that their horseshoes will no longer save them in the finals.

Betting Trends – Right now the Pittsburgh Penguins are paying out at around 75 cents on the dollar for a Stanley Cup victory and that’s managed to garner them approximately 65% of the series betting action. On the opposite side of the coin, the Predators are paying out at odds of around 2.45 and have picked up approximately 35% of the action.