Super Bowl Betting
Super Bowl bets are as popular as the big game itself, with more than $158 million in bets being placed on last year’s event and even more expected to be wagered this year. Millions of people will wager on who will win the game, what the margin of victory will be, and whether the point total will be higher or lower than the Las Vegas projection. Because of the popularity of betting on the big game, the number of Super Bowl prop bets has also exploded with sportsbooks allowing you to bet on anything from the opening coin toss to what the halftime singer will wear during his performance.
This year’s game will feature the winner of the AFC Championship game between the New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs taking on the winner of the NFC Championship game between the New Orleans Saints and Los Angeles Rams.
Super Bowl LIII FAQ
Super Bowl Bets
More than $150 million in Super Bowl bets were placed on the 5.5-point spread in Super Bowl 52 and the total number of bets is expected to hit closer to $200 million this year. While the spread and the over/under are expected to draw the most action, there are also hundreds of Super Bowl prop bets players can put money on. These prop bets include anything from which commercial will air first during the telecast to who will win the game’s most valuable player award.
Depending on which teams make the Super Bowl, there will also be many player-related prop bets. For example, last year, bettors could wager on how many times the telecast would show Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen and how many times broadcaster Al Michaels would mention Brady’s Deflategate scandal during the game.
Super Bowl Betting Odds
The Super Bowl betting odds will be published by sportsbooks shortly after the completion of the NFC and AFC Championship games on January 20. Different Super Bowl betting sites will offer varying point spreads and odds, so more diligent bettors can find a sportsbook that offers their pick the best odds with a bit of research. Various sites will also offer different over/under projections, allowing bettors to shop around for the odds that best favor their pick.
Super Bowl 53 is expected to be a high scoring game with four of the league’s top four offenses advancing to their respective conference championship games.
- Los Angeles Rams to win +1000 Money Line $250 Free Bet
- New England Patriots to win +800 Money Line $250 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Rams to win +120 Money Line $100 Free Bet
- New England Patriots to win -140 Money Line $100 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Rams to win +115 Money Line $200 Free Bet
- New England Patriots to win -135 Money Line $200 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Rams to win +115 Money Line $100 Free Bet
- New England Patriots to win -135 Money Line $100 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Rams to win +125 Money Line $200 Free Bet
- New England Patriots to win -145 Money Line $200 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Rams to win +117 Money Line $$ Free Bet
- New England Patriots to win -129 Money Line $$ Free Bet
Super Bowl 2019/Super Bowl 53
While bettors will have to wait until January 20 to learn the opening Super Bowl betting odds there are already countless Super Bowl prop bets you can wager on weeks in advance. Below are some of the game-related prop bets you can already wager on.
Super Bowl Bets 2019:
- Will any player be ejected for throwing a punch or fighting? Yes +700, No -1600
- Will either team punt zero times during the game? Yes +1000, No -5000
- With either team’s kicker hit the upright on a missed field goal or extra point attempt? Yes +375, No -650
- Will any non-QB pass for a touchdown? Yes +500, No -900
Along with in-game prop bets, there are also many things you can wager on that have nothing to do with the game itself. Below is a brief look at the Super Bowl prop bets sheet.
Super Bowl Bets 53:
- Will the dome roof of Mercedes-Benz Stadium be open at the start of the game? Yes -280, No +185
- Will the stadium’s Chick-Fil-A franchise be open on Super Bowl Sunday? Yes +1000, No -5000
- Which commercial will appear first? Coca Cola or variants -170, Pepsi or variants +130
- Which commercial will appear first? Bud Light +120, Michelob Ultra +150, Budweiser +250, Busch +1500
- Will the president of the United States attend the Super Bowl? Yes +459, No -700
- Will any of the players kneel during the national anthem? Yes +400, No -700
- Will the game’s winner visit the White House? Yes -140, No +100
- Will a fan run onto the field during the Super Bowl? Yes +900, No -3500
- How many songs will be played during the Super Bowl halftime show? Over/Under 7.5
- Will Christina Aguilera make an appearance at Maroon 5’s performance? Yes +200, No -300
- How many commercials will air during the game? Over/Under 96