Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs Winnipeg Blue Bombers Predictions & Betting Odds - Grey Cup Picks
November 23, 2019
Neither of these teams have had any great success in the tournament in recent years, with the Ticats having last won the Grey Cup back in 1999, when they beat the Calgary Stampeders 32-21.
The Blue Bombers have to go back to 1990 for their last Grey Cup victory, when they beat the Edmonton Eskimos.
This will also be the first Grey Cup meeting between the teams since 1984, when Winnipeg routed Hamilton 47-17.
Hamilton secured their passage to the Grey Cup with a 36-16 rout of Edmonton last Sunday afternoon in the Eastern Final at Tim Hortons Field
Quarterback Dane Evans completed 21 of 36 passes and threw for 386 yards, a touchdown and an interception in his playoff debut for the Ticats.
There were also two touchdowns for backup QB David Watford, while Bralon Addison hauled in 130 yards on seven catches and Brandon Banks caught four passes for 100 yards and a touchdown.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats to win at -172.41 (1.58) $200* Free Bet
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to win at +150 (2.50) $200* Free Bet
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats to win at -166.67 (1.60) $250 Free Bet
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to win at +128 (2.28) $250 Free Bet
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats to win at -178.57 (1.56) $250 Free Bet
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to win at +150 (2.50) $250 Free Bet
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats to win at -163.93 (1.61) $200 Free Bet
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to win at +137 (2.37) $200 Free Bet
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Winnipeg will be appearing in their first Grey Cup since 2011, where they lost 34-23 to the BC Lions. A 20-13 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders at the Mosaic Stadium in the Western Final on Sunday booked the Blue Bombers a ticket for this year’s final.
The only touchdown of the game came from Kenny Lawler late in the opening quarter, while Justin Medlock added four field goals for Winnipeg.
Hamilton had great consistency over the season, including wins in both matchups against Winnipeg in the regular season – 23-15 in Hamilton in Week 7 and 33-13 in Winnipeg in Week 16.
Tiger-Cats vs Blue Bombers Betting Lines & Prediction
Looking at CFL predictions for the Grey Cup, the dominance of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats this season has to make them the tips.