Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil Predictions & Betting Odds – Australian Open 2020
January 20, 2020
Prior to facing Pospisil on Tuesday, Karlovic’s only action in 2020 saw him lose to Jiri Vesely 7-6 (10-8) 3-6 2-6 in the first qualifying round of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Ivo Karlovic to win at +300 (4.00) $250 Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at -400 (1.25) $250 Free Bet
- Ivo Karlovic to win at +285 (3.85) $200 Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at -434 (1.23) $200 Free Bet
- Ivo Karlovic to win at +300 (4.00) $200* Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at -400 (1.25) $200* Free Bet
- Ivo Karlovic to win at +290 (3..90) $250 Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at -385 (1.26) $250 Free Bet
The 29 year-old Vasek Pospisil is actually below Karlovic in the world rankings at 138, although injuries have played a part in his current position.
Pospisil was last in action against his Canadian Davis Cup teammate Denis Shapovalov in the second round of the Auckland Open almost a week ago, where he went down to a 4-7 6-7 (2-7) defeat. He’d won his previous three singles matches this year.
Head To Head
The head-to-head record sees Vasek Pospisil leading Karlovic 4-1.
The Croatian won the first of those meetings on his favoured grass surface at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships in the USA back in 2013, but Pospisil has won all four matches since in straight sets, although four of those eight sets have required tie-breaks.
Ivo Karlovic vs Vasek Pospisil Betting Lines & Tip
With regards to Karlovic vs Pospisil predictions for this match, almost everything points to a win for Pospisil here.
Our betting pick is in the ‘Total Sets’ market though, where ‘Over 3.5 Sets’ can be backed at -150 (1.66) over at 888Sport.