Joao Sousa vs Vasek Pospisil Predictions & Betting Odds - ATP Auckland Tennis Picks
January 13, 2020
The 30 year-old Sousa is currently ranked 58 in the world, but the Portuguese player was last in action in Basel nearly three months ago, when he lost 6-1 6-4 to Alexei Popyrin in the qualifiers.
The 29 year-old Canadian Pospisil is ranked 146 in the world at present. He reached the 1st round of this tournament after coming through a couple of qualifying rounds, defeating Kiranpal Pannu 6-2 6-4 and Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune 7-5 6-1.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Joao Sousa to win at +195 (2.95) $50 Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at -250 (1.40) $50 Free Bet
- Joao Sousa to win at +178 (2.78) $200 Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at -244 (1.41) $200 Free Bet
- Joao Sousa to win at +200 (3.00) $200* Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at -278 (1.36) $200* Free Bet
- Joao Sousa to win at +195 (2.95) $250 Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at -250 (1.40) $250 Free Bet
Head To Head
This pair has faced each other five times previously and although Sousa leads 4-1 on the head-to-head, it was Pospisil who came out on top in their most recent meeting in the second round at the Shanghai Masters in October last year, winning 6-3 7-5 (he himself was eliminated in the next round by eventual tournament winner Daniil Medvedev in two closely fought sets).
As this is Sousa’s first match since October, there have to be doubts as to how match-fit the Portuguese player will be going into this match. Pospisil is somewhat inconsistent, but he beat Sousa just a few months back and, having barely played since, there is little reason to back Sousa on this occasion.
Sousa vs Pospisil Betting Lines & Pick
Those tennis odds are not terribly attractive on Pospisil from a betting perspective, so for our tips we prefer the Set Betting market, where Pospisil to win 2-1 can be backed at odds of +300 (4.00) with bet365.