Kamaru Usman vs Colby Covington Predictions & Betting Odds - UFC245 Tips
December 12, 2019
Kamaru “The Nigerian Nightmare” Usman (15-1-0) defends his Welterweight title against Colby “Chaos” Covington (15-1-0) at UFC245 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday evening.
Kamaru Usman Form
Usman claimed the Welterweight title in March, when the 32 year-old Nigerian had a unanimous decision victory over Tyron Woodley of the USA in UFC235.
Usman ticks all the boxes when it comes to being an elite fighter. He’s a powerful striker, excellent wrestler and looks to have a solid chin and isn’t short of gas when it comes to going the distance in fights. He rarely seems to find himself in any serious trouble or gets hurt in his fights. He’s currently on a 14-fight winning streak.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Kamaru Usman to win at -169 (1.59) $200 Free Bet
- Colby Covington to win at +130 (2.30) $200 Free Bet
- Kamaru Usman to win at -185 (1.54) $50 Free Bet
- Colby Covington to win at +149 (2.49) $50 Free Bet
- Kamaru Usman to win at -175 (1.57) $200 Free Bet
- Colby Covington to win at +150 (2.50) $200 Free Bet
- Kamaru Usman to win at -181 (1.55) $250 Free Bet
- Colby Covington to win at +150 (2.50) $250 Free Bet
Colby Covington Form
The 31 year-old Covington last fought in August, when he beat Robbie Lawler by unanimous decision.
The American southpaw is an aggressive striker and is another top grappler. He comes into this fight on the back of seven wins on the bounce.
Usman vs Covington Betting Lines & Tip
There is no love lost between these two, which adds to the intrigue in a bout between two fairly evenly matched fighters. The UFC245 betting odds suggest a close encounter, with Usman the marginal bookies favourite. Most UFC betting predictions would probably agree with that assertion.
Kamaru Usman looks to have a slight advantage with regards to power and grappling, so he is the tip to edge this fight.
UFC 245 Tips: Fight Result – Kamaru Usman to Win @ -175 (1.57) with Betway