Los Angeles Chargers v New England Patriots Match Preview and Betting Odds 2018/19
January 09, 2019
Tom Brady is not nearly as mobile as Lamar Jackson (who they still sacked seven times). But Brady is a much better passer and one of the best postseason quarterbacks in NFL history. New England also has one of the better run games in the NFL this season (fifth; 127.3 yards/game). They also had the fourth highest scoring offence (27.3 points/game).
The Chargers defence will have its hands full, but they could be up to the challenge. They are tough against the pass (ninth), are stingy against the run (ninth), and don’t give up a ton of points (20.6/game allowed eighth).
While they have one of the best quarterbacks in the game in Philip Rivers, the Chargers may struggle to develop a balanced offensive attack if Melvin Gordon’s knee issues hold him back.
- Los Angeles Chargers to win +170 Money Line Place a Bet $200
- New England Patriots to win -200 Money Line Place a Bet $200
- Bet on TOTAL O/U 45 to win -125/+105 Place a Bet $200
- Los Angeles Chargers to win +165 Money Line Place a Bet $250
- Bet on TOTAL O/U 46 to win -109/-112 Place a Bet $250
- New England Patriots to win -205 Money Line Place a Bet $250
Spread: Patriots by 4
Brady and the Patriots offence have not been great this season. With how the Chargers defence is playing, they could struggle, so don’t count on the Patriots to cover the spread.
The Patriots offence can’t be trusted, and the Chargers haven’t been running up the score much this season. Don’t count on either to score a lot and take the under.
Money line: Chargers +165; Patriots -205