Los Angeles FC (LAFC) vs Los Angeles Galaxy Prediction & Betting Odds - MLS Picks
October 24, 2019
The MLS Western Conference playoffs semifinal at the Banc of California Stadium on Thursday evening is a local derby between LAFC and Los Angeles Galaxy.
The top seeds in the Western Conference, LAFC set a league record with 72 points in the regular season. They will also have had 18 days to rest and prepare for this big game.
The Galaxy have had no such luxury, having played in Round 1 of the MLS playoffs on Sunday when they won 2-1 on the road at Minnesota United with two goals in a four-minute spell from Sebastian Lletget and Jonathan dos Santos.
LAFC, who only joined the MLS in 2018, have never beaten Galaxy in five previous El Trafico meetings. Three of those games ended as draws and all five games have seen both teams score and featured 24 goals in total.
Goals are likely to be on the agenda again on this occasion, with Mexico’s Carlos Vela having scored 34 goals and provided 15 assists in 31 games for LAFC and the legendary Zlatan Ibrahimovic recording 30 goals and seven assists in 29 games for the Galaxy.
Betting Odds - Winner
- LAFC to win at -277 (1.36) $200 Free Bet
- Bet on Draw at +350 (4.50) $200 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Galaxy to win at +650 (7.50) $200 Free Bet
- LAFC to win at -239 (1.41) $250 Free Bet
- Bet on Draw at +380 (4.80) $250 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Galaxy to win at +540 (6.40) $250 Free Bet
- LAFC to win at -238 (1.42) $250 Free Bet
- Bet on Draw at +400 (5.00) $250 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Galaxy to win at +500 (6.00) $250 Free Bet
- LAFC to win at -200 (1.50) $200 Free Bet
- Bet on Draw at +430 (5.30) $200 Free Bet
- Los Angeles Galaxy to win at +362 (4.62) $200 Free Bet
LAFC vs Los Angeles Galaxy Betting Lines & Pick
Home advantage and the formbook clearly points to a LAFC win when it comes to predictions for this game, but the Galaxy has the edge in the head-to-head.
In a local derby game against a team they’ve never previously won against, the MLS betting lines on LAFC don’t hold great appeal. Therefore it’s the alternative ‘Match Result & Both Teams to Score’ (BTTS) betting market where we’ll go for the tip, with ‘LAFC to Win & Yes’ at +125 (2.25) with bet365.
MLS Betting Pick: Match Result & Both Teams to Score (BTTS) – LAFC to Win & Yes @ +125 (2.25) with bet365