LSU Tigers vs Clemson Tigers Predictions & Betting Odds - CFP Picks
January 13, 2020
Should LSU win this game it will be their first national championship since 2007. If Clemson prevail they will win their third title in the last four years. They come into the final looking to defend the title they won so convincingly last year, when they beat Alabama 44-16.
LSU road to this year’s CFP final saw them comfortably see off Georgia 37-10 in the SEC Championship Game, then annihilate Oklahoma 63-28 in the Peach Bowl.
LSU have been led by Heisman Trophy-winning QB Joe Burrow, who has thrown for 5,208 yards and 55 touchdowns. That puts him just three scores short of tying the Football Bowl Subdivision’s single-season record.
Betting Odds - Winner
- LSU Tigers to win at -222 (1.45) $50 Free Bet
- Clemson Tigers to win at +165 (2.65) $50 Free Bet
- LSU Tigers to win at -196 (1.51) $200 Free Bet
- Clemson Tigers to win at +165 (2.65) $200 Free Bet
- LSU Tigers to win at -213 (1.47) $200* Free Bet
- Clemson Tigers to win at +175 (2.75) $200* Free Bet
- LSU Tigers to win at -222 (1.45) $250 Free Bet
- Clemson Tigers to win at +165 (2.65) $250 Free Bet
Clemson’s run to the CFP final saw them crush Virginia 62-17 in the ACC Championship game and then just edge past Ohio State 29-23 in the Fiesta Bowl.
The defending champions come into the final on a 29-game winning streak, while QB Trevor Lawrence is 25-0 as a starter at Clemson.
LSU vs Clemson CPF Betting Lines & Best Bet
Looking at CPF betting pick for this game, LSU leads the standings in yards (564.1) and points (48.9) per game this season and with Burrow looking close to unstoppable, they look justified favourites for the title.
This could be a fairly tight game, but for our tips we’ll go to the Point Spread where we’ll back LSU -5.0 at odds of -115 (1.87) with Sports Interaction.