Lucas Pouille vs Milos Raonic Prediction & Betting Odds - ATP Montreal Preview
August 05, 2019
Lucas Pouille faces Milos Raonic in the opening round of ATP Montreal (aka the Rogers Cup), with the game being scheduled to start on Monday evening local time.
Lucas Pouille Stats
- Lucas Pouille reached his first Grand Slam semi-final back in January of this year, with a 7-6 (7-4) 6-3 6-7 (2-7) 6-4 win over 16th seed Raonic at the Australian Open. That was the Frenchman’s first victory over his Canadian opponent in 4 attempts.
- His appearance in the Australian Open semi-final apart (where he lost to eventual champion Novak Djokovic), Pouille’s best result of the current year was in reaching the final in the Bordeaux Challenger event.
- With a current world ranking of 27, the 25 year-old Pouille has a 17-14 win-loss record in 2019, and is 5-5 on hard courts this year.
Milos Raonic Stats
- Milos Raonic didn’t compete in this event in 2018. The 28 year-old Canadian, currently ranked world no. 21 and his best result of the current year to date was reaching the semi-finals in both Stuttgart and Indian Wells.
- Raonic, a Wimbledon finalist in 2016, has a 20-9 win-loss record in 2019, with an 11-6 record on hard courts.
Lucas Pouille vs Milos Raonic Betting Lines & Picks
With regards to ATP Montreal predictions going into this match, Milos Raonic has the benefit of playing in front of home support and has a better overall record on hard courts than Lucas Pouille. The Frenchman won the day in their Australian Open quarter-final earlier this year, but Raonic has the advantage in the Head-to-Head records.
This is far from an easy draw for Raonic in the 1st round, but he is still the bet to prevail.
The Canadian Raonic is a strong favourite to win the match at -264 (1.38) at Sports Interaction, with Pouille available at odds of +191 (2.91). Those looking for better odds, backing Raonic to win 2-0 in the ‘Set Betting’ odds is the best option, where the betting line is +105 (2.05) at Sports Interaction.
ATP Montreal Pick: Set Betting – Milos Raonic to win 2-0 @ +105 (2.05) with Sports Interaction