Max Holloway vs Alexander Volkanovski Predictions & Betting Odds - UFC Preview
December 12, 2019
Max “Blessed” Holloway (21-4-0) defends his Featherweight title belt for a fourth time when he faces “The Great” Volkanovski (20-1-0) at UFC245 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday evening.
The 28 year-old American last fought in July, when he made a third defence of his belt with a unanimous decision victory over Frankie Edgar.
Before that, the Hawaiian fighter lost to Dustin Poirier when he stepped up to lightweight in order to fight for the interim belt. In doing so he lost for the first time in nearly six years and 13 fights.
Two of Holloway’s four career losses have come against Poirier (once by submission, once by decision), with his other losses coming by decision to Dustin Bermudez and Conor McGregor.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Max Holloway to win at -196 (1.51) $200 Free Bet
- Alexander Volkanovski to win at +150 (2.50) $200 Free Bet
- Max Holloway to win at -169 (1.59) $50 Free Bet
- Alexander Volkanovski to win at +137 (2.37) $50 Free Bet
- Max Holloway to win at -172 (1.58) $200* Free Bet
- Alexander Volkanovski to win at +140 (2.40) $200* Free Bet
- Max Holloway to win at -166 (1.60) $250 Free Bet
- Alexander Volkanovski to win at +138 (2.38) $250 Free Bet
This will be the 31 year-old Australian’s first UFC title fight. His only loss to date was by TKO by fellow countryman Corey Nelson.
Volkanovski first entered the Octagon in 2016, since when the former Australian rugby player has yet to suffer a defeat, whilst beating quality fighters such as Jose Aldo, Chad Mendes and and Darren Elkins.
Holloway looks to have an edge in terms of his striking and movement and he has a five inch height advantage too. Despite that, it’s Volkanovski who has the longer reach.
Max Holloway vs Alexander Volkanovski Betting Lines & Tips
With regards to UFC 245 betting tips for this fight, Max Holloway looks the more complete fighter and, provided he stays fully focused on the task before him, is our UFC tip to win.
UFC 245 Pick: Fight Result – Max Holloway to Win @ -167 (1.60) with 888Sport