Montreal Canadiens vs Detroit Red Wings Predictions & Betting Odds - NHL Picks
December 13, 2019
Montreal Canadiens Stats
Montreal are currently on a three-game winning run coming into this game, having beaten the Ottawa Senators 3-2 on home-ice on Wednesday night.
- The Canadiens’ goals came from Nick Cousins and Tomas Tatar in regulation, with Ben Chiarot scoring the winning goal 1:11 into overtime.
- Montreal’s 20 year-old goaltender, Cayden Primeau, made 35 saves for his first NHL victory.
- The NHL stats show that Montreal are now averaging 3.19 Goals per Game (GPG), while allowing 3.25 (GA).
- Brendan Gallagher has 14 goals for the Canadiens, Tomas Tatar has 28 points and Phillip Danault has registered 18 assists so far.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Montreal Canadiens to win at -250 (1.40) $50 Free Bet
- Detroit Red Wings to win at +200 (3.00) $50 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at -238 (1.42) $200 Free Bet
- Detroit Red Wings to win at +197 (2.97) $200 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at -244 (1.41) $200 Free Bet
- Detroit Red Wings to win at +200 (3.00) $200 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at -250 (1.40) $250 Free Bet
- Detroit Red Wings to win at +200 (3.00) $250 Free Bet
Detroit Red Wings Stats
The Red Wings returned to winning ways after they snapped a 12-game winless skid (including 10 losses in a row in regulation) with a 5-2 win on home-ice against the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday evening.
- There were two goals from Robby Fabbri and one apiece from Darren Helm, Filip Zadina and Filip Hronek for Detroit, while Jonathan Bernier made 26 stops.
- Detroit currently average just 2.18 GPG, while allowing 3.94 GA.
- Anthony Mantha has 12 goals, with Tyler Bertuzzi contributing 25 points and 15 assists.
Canadiens vs Red Wings Betting Lines & Pick
NHL predictions here have to favour Montreal, even allowing for Detroit gaining self-belief from Thursday’s win. With home-ice advantage, the Canadiens are the tips to win here.