Montreal Canadiens vs New York Islanders Predictions & Betting Odds – NHL Preview
December 03, 2019
Despite taking a first period lead, Montreal’s losing streak was extended to eight games when they lost 3-1 on the road at the Boston Bruins on Sunday night.
- Joel Amir scored the goal for the Canadiens and goaltender Carey Price made 31 saves.
- The Canadiens are averaging 3.22 Goals per Game (GPG), but defensively they are allowing more at 3.52 (GA).
- Brendan Gallagher has netted 10 goals for Montreal, with Tomas Tatar contributing 24 points and 15 assists to date.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Montreal Canadiens to win at -125.00 (1.80) $200* Free Bet
- New York Islanders to win at +105 (2.05) $200* Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at -135.14 (1.74) $250 Free Bet
- New York Islanders to win at +110 (2.10) $250 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at -125.00 (1.80) $250 Free Bet
- New York Islanders to win at +105 (2.05) $250 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at -125.00 (1.80) $200 Free Bet
- New York Islanders to win at +105 (2.05) $200 Free Bet
The Islanders rallied from three straight losses with a 2-0 win on home-ice over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday night.
- The goals for the Islanders came from Anders Lee and Mathew Barzal, with Semyon Varlamov making 30 saves.
- The Islanders are not the most prolific goalscorers this season, averaging only 2.88 GPG, but they are only allowing 2.42 GA.
- Barzal is the key player for the Islanders, with 10 goals, 22 points and 12 assists.
Canadiens vs Islanders Betting Lines & Prediction
That win for the New York Islanders on Saturday may have ended a losing streak for them, but it’s doubtful whether it will signal a return to the early season form that saw them embark on a 17-game point streak.
With home-ice advantage, the Montreal Canadiens look to have a good chance of breaking their losing streak here. On that basis we’ll take the Canadiens as our tips in NHL bet predictions for this game.
The Sportsbooks agree, with the Canadiens going into this game as the bookmakers favourites on the Money Line at best odds of -125 (1.80) at bet365, with the Islanders on offer at odds of +105 (2.05) also with bet365.