Novak Djokovic vs Denis Shapovalov Prediction & Betting Odds - Tennis Picks
October 08, 2019
Djokovic comes into the Shanghai Masters having received a bye in the opening round. He’s in excellent form after beating the Australian qualifier John Millman 6-3 6-2 in the final of the Japan Open on Sunday in a tournament in which he won all five matches without dropping a set and showing that he had fully recovered from the injury that saw him drop out of the US Open last month.
The 20 year-old Shapovalov beat the American Frances Tiafoe in straight sets, 6-4 6-2, in the first round in a convincing win.
The players have met twice previously, both times this year, with Djokovic coming out on top on both occasions. The world ranked number 36 did take a set off Djokovic at the Australian Open, but still lost 6-3 6-4 4-6 6-0. It was more straightforward for Djokovic at the ATP Masters 1000 Rome in June with a routine 6-1 6-3 win.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Novak Djokovic to win -1000 (1.10) $200 Free Bet
- Denis Shapovalov to win at +600 (7.00) $200 Free Bet
- Novak Djokovic to win -1111 (1.09) $250 Free Bet
- Denis Shapovalov to win at +700 (8.00) $250 Free Bet
- Novak Djokovic to win -1111 (1.09) $200 Free Bet
- Denis Shapovalov to win at +528 (6.28) $200 Free Bet
- Novak Djokovic to win -1000 (1.10) $250 Free Bet
- Denis Shapovalov to win at +600 (7.00) $250 Free Bet
Djokovic vs Shapovalov Betting Lines & Pick
Denis Shapovalov comes into this match in good form himself, having won 10 of his last 14 matches. The youngster believes that he’s in good shape to challenge Novak Djokovic.
Djokovic’s win at the Japan Open makes it difficult to back against the Serbian legend though as the manner in which he eased through the tournament answered doubts as to his current fitness and form. In terms of predictions, you can’t really oppose Djokovic here.
At those odds it’s worth looking at the Set Betting market for the tip, with Djokovic to win 2-0 available at -222 (1.45) with 888Sport.