Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens Predictions & Betting Odds - NHL Previews
December 10, 2019
The Pittsburgh Penguins (17-9-4) welcome the Montreal Canadiens (13-11-6) to the PPG Paints Arena in the NHL on Tuesday night.
Pittsburgh Penguins Stats
- The Penguins stretched their winning streak to three games with a 5-3 win on the road at the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday night.
- The Pittsburgh goals came from Jake Guentzel, Chad Ruhwedel, Evgeni Malkin, Dominik Kahun and John Marino, while Matt Murray made 26 stops.
- Guentzel has 16 goals and 31 points for the Penguins this season, while Malkin has contributed 18 assists.
Montreal Canadiens Stats
- The Canadiens also won on the road in their last game on Friday night, when they beat the New York Rangers 2-1.
- After an eight-game losing streak, Montreal has now won two of their last three games.
- Brendan Gallagher opened the scoring for the Canadiens, with Nate Thompson scoring the decisive goal with 67 seconds remaining in the third period. Carey Price made 29 saves.
- Gallagher now has 13 goals for the Canadiens, while Tomas Tatar has provided 25 points and 16 assists.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Pittsburgh Penguins to win at -158 (1.63) $200 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at +130 (2.30) $200 Free Bet
- Pittsburgh Penguins to win at -172 (1.58) $50 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at +143 (2.43) $50 Free Bet
- Pittsburgh Penguins to win at -175 (1.57) $250 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at +143 (2.43) $250 Free Bet
- Pittsburgh Penguins to win at -161 (1.62) $200 Free Bet
- Montreal Canadiens to win at +140 (2.40) $200 Free Bet
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens Betting Lines & Prediction
In terms of NHL betting predictions for this game, although Sidney Crosby has missed the last 13 games for the Penguins as a result of a sports hernia that required surgery, Pittsburgh are still 7-3-3 without Crosby. With the benefit of home-ice advantage, they have to be the selection to win here.
We’ll go to the Puck Line for the tip in this game, with the Penguins -1.5 at +140 (2.40) with Betway Sports.
NHL Predictions: Puck Line – Pittsburgh Penguins -1.5 @ +140 (2.40) with Betway Sports