Rafael dos Anjos vs Michael Chiesa Predictions & Betting Odds - UFC Fight Night 166
January 25, 2020
Although Dos Anjos has lost three of his last four bouts, those losses have come against elite fighters in Colby Covington, Kamaru Usman and, last time out, Leon Edwards in July last year. All the defeats have also come by unanimous decision. The one win in this time came against Kevin Lee.
The 35 year-old Brazilian is difficult to stop once he’s on the front foot and also has a great cardio. He’ll certainly have no problems should this fight go the full 15 minutes.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Rafael dos Anjos to win at -278 (1.36) $250 Free Bet
- Michael Chiesa to win at +210 (3.10) $250 Free Bet
- Rafael dos Anjos to win at -256 (1.39) $200 Free Bet
- Michael Chiesa to win at +210 (3.10) $200 Free Bet
- Rafael dos Anjos to win at -250 (1.40) $200* Free Bet
- Michael Chiesa to win at +200 (3.00) $200* Free Bet
- Rafael dos Anjos to win at -263 (1.38) $250 Free Bet
- Michael Chiesa to win at +205 (3.05) $250 Free Bet
The 32 year-old American Michael Chiesa’s move to Welterweight has proven a good one to date, with a couple of wins over veteran opponents. Dos Anjos is a step-up in class though and with Chiesa having slowed down in the latter stages of some fights, “RDA” could control this bout after the opening couple of rounds.View this post on Instagram
A post shared by ufc (@ufc) on
In his last fight, “Maverick” beat his 38 year-old fellow American Diego Sanchez by unanimous decision at UFC 239 in July 2019. In his 16 career wins to date, Chiesa has 11 from submission, so it’s clear where his strengths lie.
Dos Anjos vs Chiesa Betting Lines & Prediction
Looking at UFC Fight Night 166 predictions going into this fight, Rafael dos Anjos has to be the tip based on the level of opposition he has been fighting compared to Michael Chiesa.
The Method of Victory market offers a more attractive UFC betting option, with dos Anjos to win by Decision or Technical Decision at +163 (2.63) with Betway Sports.