Roger Federer vs Novak Djokovic Predictions & Betting Odds - Australian Open Preview
January 29, 2020
It might be a case of the same old faces battling it out in the latter stages of a Grand Slam event, but the 38 year-old Federer has been made to dig deep to reach the last four this year.
Federer had already come through a grueling five-set battle against Australian John Millman in the third round, where he trailed 8-4 in the 10-point match tie-break before edging home.
The Swiss legend cut things even finer in his quarter-final against the American Tennys Sandgren, in which he saved seven match points before finally coming through 6-3 2-6 2-6 7-6 (10-8) 6-3 in three hours and 28 minutes against the world number 100.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Roger Federer to win at +500 (6.00) $250 Free Bet
- Novak Djokovic to win at -833 (1.12) $250 Free Bet
- Roger Federer to win at +473 (5.73) $200 Free Bet
- Novak Djokovic to win at -833 (1.12) $200 Free Bet
- Roger Federer to win at +550 (6.50) $200* Free Bet
- Novak Djokovic to win at -909 (1.11) $200* Free Bet
- Roger Federer to win at +550 (6.50) $250 Free Bet
- Novak Djokovic to win at -769 (1.13) $250 Free Bet
By contrast, Djokovic had a relatively straightforward quarter-final against big-serving Canadian Milos Raonic to win 6-4 6-3 7-6 (7-1). Defending champion Djokovic, who is looking to win an eighth Australian Open title, has dropped just one set in five matches to date and has yet to lose a match in 2020.
Djokovic currently leads Federer in the head-to-head 26-23 and recent form would strongly suggest that he should extend that lead with another win here as far as prediction for this match are concerned.
Federer vs Djokovic Betting Lines & Tip
The better option could be the Set Betting market, where Djokovic is offered up at -125 (1.80) with 888Sport to win in straight sets.