Toronto FC vs New York City FC Predictions & Betting Odds - MLS Picks
March 07, 2020
Goals either side of half-time from an Alejandro Pozuelo penalty and Richie Laryea had put Toronto 2-0 up, but San Jose quickly pulled a goal back and then equalised deep into stoppage-time.
New York’s season opener ended in a disappointing 1-0 loss on the road at Columbus Crew, although having to play for 87 minutes with 10 men certainly didn’t help their cause, following the early red card for defender Maxime Chanot.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Toronto FC to win at -118 (1.85) $250 Free Bet
- Bet on Draw to win at +280 (3.80) $250 Free Bet
- New York City FC to win at +275 (3.75) $250 Free Bet
- Toronto FC to win at -120 (1.83) $200 Free Bet
- Bet on Draw to win at +280 (3.80) $200 Free Bet
- New York City FC to win at +288 (3.88) $200 Free Bet
- Toronto FC to win at -125 (1.80) $200* Free Bet
- Bet on Draw to win at +280 (3.80) $200* Free Bet
- New York City FC to win at +300 (4.00) $200* Free Bet
- Toronto FC to win at -119 (1.84) $250 Free Bet
- Bet on Draw to win at +260 (3.60) $250 Free Bet
- New York City FC to win at +295 (3.95) $250 Free Bet
These teams last went head-to-head back in October last year in the Eastern Conference Playoffs Semi-finals, when Pozuelo scored both goals to give Toronto a 2-1 win on the road against the Eastern Conference winners.
Toronto were fairly solid at BMO Field last season, winning nine and drawing four of their 17 home games as they finished fourth in the Eastern Conference. NYCFC won seven and drew five games on their travels throughout the regular season last year.
When the teams faced each other in the MLS in Toronto almost exactly a year ago, the Reds ran out convincing 4-0 winners, with Pozuelo again scoring twice for Toronto.
Toronto FC vs New York City FC Betting Lines & MLS Pick
In terms of MLS betting picks for this game, we’ll again side with Toronto as our tips to win here.
Pozuelo could be worth an interest at +165 (2.65) with Sports Interaction in the Anytime Goalscorer market.