Toronto Maple Leafs vs New York Islanders Predictions & Betting Odds - NHL Picks
January 04, 2020
Maple Leafs Form
The Maple Leafs were on the road at the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday night, when they won 6-3 to take their current streak to 8-0-1.
There were two goals and an assist from William Nylander (who now has six goals and five assists in his five-game point streak), with additional goals from Kasperi Kapanen, Travis Dermott, Pierre Engvall and Mitch Marner. Frederik Andersen made 45 saves.
Toronto averaging an impressive 3.60 Goals per Game (GPG), while they are allowing 3.17 (GA). Auston Matthews has 27 goals and 49 points, while Marner has registered 27 assists. The Maple Leafs are 10-4-5 on home-ice.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Toronto Maple Leafs to win at -175 (1.57) $50 Free Bet
- New York Islanders to win +143 (2.43) $50 Free Bet
- Toronto Maple Leafs to win at -169 (1.59) $200 Free Bet
- New York Islanders to win +140 (2.40) $200 Free Bet
- Toronto Maple Leafs to win at -170 (1.60) $200 Free Bet
- New York Islanders to win +145 (2.45) $200 Free Bet
- Toronto Maple Leafs to win at -164 (1.61) $250 Free Bet
- New York Islanders to win +135 (2.35) $250 Free Bet
The Islanders lost for a fourth straight game on home-ice at the Nassau Coliseum in going down to a 2-1 defeat to the New Jersey Devils on Thursday night.
Brock Nelson scored the lone goal for the Islanders, with Semyon Varlamov making 29 saves.
New York average just 2.87 GPG, but defensively they are very difficult to beat and allow just 2.59 (GA). Mathew Barzal is the go-to man for the Islanders on goals, points and assists, with 16, 34 and 18 respectively. The Islanders are 12-6-1 on the road.
Maple Leafs vs Islanders Betting Lines & Pick
In terms of NHL picks and predictions for this game, the Maple Leafs current form makes them the tips here, although it’s worth noting that the Islanders have been strong on the road this season.