USA U20 vs Finland U20 Predictions & Betting Odds - IIHF QF Preview
January 01, 2020
USA Recent Form
The game is a rematch of last year’s gold medal game in Vancouver, with the USA looking to exact revenge after losing out to Kaapo Kakko’s golden goal at the Rogers Arena.
The USA finished as runners-up in Group B, after winning their final group game 4-3 in OT in a against the host nation Czech Republic on Monday.
An entertaining encounter saw Shane Pinto, Arthur Kaliyev and Jack Drury score the USA goals in regulation, with Cole Caufield scoring the winner 3:14 into overtime. Spencer Knight saved 26 shots for the USA.
Betting Odds - Winner
- USA to win at -333 (1.30) $50 Free Bet
- Finland to win at +250 (3.50) $50 Free Bet
- USA to win at -385 (1.26) $200 Free Bet
- Finland to win at +250 (3.50) $200 Free Bet
- USA to win at -333 (1.30) $200* Free Bet
- Finland to win at +250 (3.50) $200* Free Bet
- USA to win at -333 (1.30) $250 Free Bet
- Finland to win at +250 (3.50) $250 Free Bet
Finland Recent Form
Finland only finished third in Group A after a surprise 5-2 loss to Switzerland in their final game on New Year’s Eve.
The Finnish goals came from Anttoni Honka and Joonas Oden, while Justus Annunen made 17 saves. Finland had led after the first period and outshot the Swiss 38-22.
USA U20 vs Finland U20 Betting Lines & Tip
The USA has all the momentum coming into this game, but Finland are unlikely to give up their title without putting up a strong defence.
The USA might just prevail here, but we’ll take Finland on the Puck Line +1.5 as our tips at +110 (2.10) with 888Sport as the bet.