Valentina Shevchenko vs Katlyn Chookagian Predictions & Betting Odds - UFC Preview
February 06, 2020
The Brazilian Amanda Nunes is the only other fighter ever to beat Shevchenko, having done so twice in closely fought contests.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Valentina Shevchenko to win at -1000 (1.10) $250 Free Bet
- Katlyn Chookagian to win at +600 (7.00) $250 Free Bet
- Valentina Shevchenko to win at -909 (1.11) $200 Free Bet
- Katlyn Chookagian to win at +615 (7.15) $200 Free Bet
- Valentina Shevchenko to win at -1250 (1.08) $200* Free Bet
- Katlyn Chookagian to win at +700 (8.00) $200* Free Bet
- Valentina Shevchenko to win at -1250 (1.08) $250 Free Bet
- Katlyn Chookagian to win at +725 (8.25) $250 Free Bet
The 31 year-old Chookagian was last in the octagon in November last year, when she beat the Brazilian Jennifer Maia on a unanimous decision.
Chookagian brings strong grappling skills, a brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, good movement and volume striking, but it’s noticeable that her lack of knockout power means that all the American’s wins in the UFC to date have come via decision. That looks likely to be a tough result to replicate against a fighter with Shevchenko’s quality and experience.
Shevchenko vs Chookagian Betting Lines & Tips
The defending champion from Kyrgyzstan looks to have the advantage in just about every area going into this fight, so it’s no surprise that she is considered the red hot favourite going into her third title defence. It’s difficult to see past a Shevchenko win in looking at UFC 247 predictions for this fight.
The value bet as far as our tip is concerned has to be on the Method of Victory market, where Shevchenko to win by KO TKO or Disqualification is available at odds of +300 (4.00) with Betway.