Vasek Pospisil vs Denis Shapovalov Auckland Open 2020 Predictions & Betting Odds - Tennis ATP Picks
January 15, 2020
Pospisil had a convincing 6-4 6-2 win over Portugal’s world ranked no. 58 Joao Sousa 6-4 6-2 in the 1st round proper. The 29 year-old world ranked no. 146 had already beaten the Kiwi Kiranpal Pannu (winning 6-2 6-4) and Denmark’s Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune (7-5 6-1) in two qualifying rounds to reach that stage.
Shapovalov is currently at a career-high world ranking of no. 2 and is the second seed at this tournament behind Italy’s Fabio Fognini. The 20 year-old Shapovalov received a bye in the first round, which should theoretically work to his advantage here.
Betting Odds - Winner
- Vasek Pospisil to win at +125 (2.25) $250 Free Bet
- Denis Shapovalov to win at -161 (1.62) $250 Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at +139 (2.39) $200 Free Bet
- Denis Shapovalov to win at -185 (1.54) $200 Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at +137 (2.37) $200* Free Bet
- Denis Shapovalov to win at -189 (1.53) $200* Free Bet
- Vasek Pospisil to win at +148 (2.48) $250 Free Bet
- Denis Shapovalov to win at -182 (1.55) $250 Free Bet
Pospisil and Shapovalov have never faced each other previously on the ATP tour, but the Canadian duo know each other well, having been the main singles players and doubles partners for Canada in their fantastic run to the Davis Cup final in November 2019.
Pospisil vs Shapovalov Betting Lines & Pick
Denis Shapovalov’s game has come on massively since the US Open last year and he has achieved some great results and put in some excellent performances. He took a set off Serbia’s Novak Djokovic and only lost the match on a third set tie-break in the recent ATP Cup 2020 while representing Canada again.
Shapovalov has some momentum behind him at present and while Pospisil is a dangerous opponent, Shapovalov has to be the tip in our ATP tennis betting predictions to win this match.