Tokyo 2020 Predictions & Betting Odds
Despite London 2012 and Rio 2016 being two of the biggest and best Olympics on record, we’re expecting something truly special when the Games land in Tokyo next summer and we’re already getting excited here at CanadianSportsBetting.ca.
It’s going to be a huge spectacle, with over 10,000 athletes touching down in Japan, including previous Gold medal winners and many exciting young talents.
Over the next few months we’ll continue to build up to Tokyo 2020 and you’ll find all you need to know from the latest odds and offers to full scheduling on this very page!
Olympics 2020 Betting Sites
There’s always an element of the unknown when betting on the Olympics as, let’s face it, many sports we only have a passing interest in compared to following a soccer team for an entire season.
Help is on hand though and you’ll have no problems weighing up the markets with all the very best sportsbooks offering odds on the Olympics as well as top tips from experts in the field.
The likes of bet365 and Bwin, as well as many other well-established sportsbooks are always good to play with as they have experts who are well and truly in the know, and offer more markets than the less well-known outlets.
We work with some of the best sportsbooks in Canada here and if you’re looking for a site to place Olympic bets with then head to our Sportsbooks page where you’ll find full reviews and information to decide which is the right site for you.
Olympics 2020 Betting Odds
The number of markets currently available to bet on are quite limited. This is due to the fact that no Olympic teams have been announced and there’s still a significant amount of time before the Games begins.
As we edge closer to the Olympics more markets and betting odds will begin to appear, from outright wagers on the Medals table and such like, to odds on specific events.
One event you can currently bet on, although the runners are far from confirmed, is the Men’s 100m Winner market. Canada’s Andre De Grasse is a leading contender, alongside Jamaican legend Yohan Blake. The odds for the event are currently:
- Christian Coleman (USA): +137.5
- Noah Lyles (USA): +260
- Andre De Grasse (CAN): +450
- Yohan Blake (JAM): +700
- Trayvon Bromell (USA): +1000
- Reece Prescod (GBR): +2000
Outright markets will begin to appear much sooner than odds on specific events. The Medals Table will be one of the first to start landing at bookmakers, while you’ll also find many other markets, such as:
- Most Gold Medals
- Most Silver Medals
- Most Bronze Medals
- Most Medals in Cycling
- Most Medals in Athletics
- Most Medals in Swimming
- Most Medals in Boxing
- Most Medals in Gymnastics
Tokyo 2020 Betting Tips & Predictions
With few markets available to bet on, it’s difficult to offer tips and predictions as we’re currently unable to provide you with good value.
Of course, many of the big names who conquered in Rio will be back for more, with the likes of Simone Biles, Adam Peaty and Laura Trott likely to be in medal contention once again.
A good place to start when looking to play the Tokyo 2020 betting markets when they arrive is by tracking the progress of athletes from now, over the winter period and into the Games next July.
Many contenders will now be looking to get into Olympic form, searching for season bests and continuing to progress into next summer. Keep your eye on major events in each discipline and note down the athletes who are continuing to either win or improve and when the odds arrive, look for the best value.
We of course the likes of USA and China to sit at the top of the Medals Table, while Team GB and Japan will likely be contenders towards the top too, the latter likely to benefit from home advantage.
Tokyo 2020 Schedule
Tokyo 2020 takes place across a fortnight with the Opening Ceremony taking place on the evening of July 24, 2020.
Before that there will be a number of preliminary events, with soccer and softball both beginning two days ahead of the official start. The Games then run until August 9, when the final medals are won and the Closing Ceremony brings down the curtain for another four years.
The full schedule has already been decided by the Olympic Committee, with it looking as follows:
- Opening Ceremony: July 24, 2020
- Archery: July 24-August 1, 2020
- Athletics: July 31-August 9, 2020
- Badminton: July 25-August 3, 2020
- Baseball: July 29-August 8, 2020
- Basketball: July 25-August 9, 2020
- Boxing: July 25-August 9, 2020
- Canoeing: July 26-August 8, 2020
- Cycling: July 25-August 9, 2020
- Diving: July 26-August 8, 2020
- Equestrian: July 25-August 8, 2020
- Fencing: July 25-August 2, 2020
- Field Hockey: July 25-August 7, 2020
- Golf: July 30-August 8, 2020
- Gymnastics: July 25-August 9, 2020
- Handball: July 25-August 9, 2020
- Judo: July 25-August 1, 2020
- Karate: August 6-9, 2020
- Modern Pentathlon: August 6-9, 2020
- Rowing: July 24-July 31, 2020
- Rugby Sevens: July 27-August 1, 2020
- Sailing: July 27-August 6, 2020
- Shooting: July 25-August 3, 2020
- Skateboarding: July 26-August 6, 2020
- Soccer: July 22-August 8, 2020
- Softball: July 22-28, 2020
- Sport Climbing: August 4-7, 2020
- Surfing: July 26-28, 2020
- Swimming: July 25-August 6, 2020
- Table Tennis: July 25-August 7, 2020
- Taekwondo: July 25-28, 2020
- Tennis: July 25-August 2, 2020
- Triathlon: July 27-August 1, 2020
- Volleyball: July 25-August 9, 2020
- Water Polo: July 25-August 9, 2020
- Weightlifting: July 25-August 5, 2020
- Wrestling: August 2-8, 2020
Tokyo 2020 Live Streaming
Tokyo 2020 will be beamed worldwide and will likely enjoy the most enhanced coverage ever, with live streaming and on demand television more prominent than four years ago.
In Canada, you’ll find events available to watch on TSN, Sportsnet, TLN and CBC/Radio Canada, as well as through their catch-up and online streaming services.
Sportsbooks won’t have coverage but will certainly be useful in placing your bets, with many Olympic sports being broadcast every day. If you’re looking to discover the athletes to back in Tokyo then the likes of Betway, William Hill and other big names offering a range of sports to stream.
For more information on the sports you can live stream, head to our Live Streaming page which offers plenty of insight.